Is your Alexa not discovering your Phillips Hue Lighting System Device? Check out this piece to learn the reasons behind it and how to fix them.
Table of Contents
Amazon Alexa And Hue Devices
Connecting your Amazon Alexa with Philips Hue allows you to control the lighting system of your home. However, many users face some challenges while connecting their Hue lights with Alexa. So you are not alone, and there is nothing to worry about.
Read on till the end to get your issues solved.
What To Do When Alexa Is Not Discovering Hue Lights?
Scrolling down are some of the things you can follow to solve the issue with your Alexa and Hue lightings.
1. Check The Compatibility And Resolve The Set Up Issues
The first thing to do is ensuring that your Hue lights are compatible with Alexa. You can check this by merely going to the list of compatible devices given on the detail page.
- If your device is not under the list, you will have to perform these extra steps:
- Download the companion app and finish with the setup process.
- Once you are done with setting up, restart your Alexa as well as Philip Hue device.
- Then, go to the Alexa app and disable and re-enable the skill for Hue devices.
- Next up, disconnect your Philips Hue by disabling and re-enabling and then look for software updates. Install them if you find any.
2. Ensure To Connect Them With The Same Network
The most common reason for Alexa not working with your devices can be connecting them to different networks.
Hence, it is vital to connect them to the same networks if you haven’t already. However, if they are connected to the same network and you are still facing issues, keep reading.
3. Avoid Duplicate Connection
If your Hue lighting is already connected to any other automation systems, it might be challenging to connect it to your Alexa device. To fix this,
The double connection can disrupt your lights’ usual functioning, hence ensure to connect them with your Alexa device only.
4. Repair The Unresponsive Lights
To check whether you have any unresponsive lights or not, go to the companion app and navigate through your lights.
If you find any unresponsive lights, ensure to repair them or get them replaced. Once you have fixed this, your Alexa will connect to your Hue lights.
The Bottom Line
All in all, following these simple steps, you can get total voice control over your house’s lighting system and solve the problem of Alexa not discovering Hue lights. If you still face any issues, you can contact the customer service system.